Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Spirit 859

Waiting for Spirit alongside
Caribbean jeans
D&G studded sparkles
Handheld PS3s and WiFi waves
Keep the paintbrush stirring
Counter clockwise blacks and whites
Roll into storm clouds unsure of
Where to break
All preconceptions shatter and images
of life styles
muddle until dissolution
Educated caned black woman
Reads her verses and nothing else
New Balance and gold thongs and black Uggs
And Cololmbianos in argyle and silver chains
Adorning wrists and necks not so
Bronzed. Look of disgust
From the chica with those
Stalky black boots sickened by the calf but
Addicted to the toes
Party planner’s face disfigured by
Nights before days as he wheels and deals
Behind the homely woman’s
Uncapped visage and I’m uncorked
And the brute banging his soul against
A distant wall
Isn’t fighting, but all we know is
“Jenny, JENNY, JENNY! I just don’t
Know why you cant live in the now
I am now
And the only way for you, Jenny, to be good
is by being good
And changing. Change Jenny”
And I’m listening for more while he
Re-imagines her late night escapades
In faux concern and stinted sympathy –
Recalling his own
Abilities and tolerance and adaptations
His sacrifices endless over the expanse of
Their time
“Stop Jenny, just stop talking
I’m so far past that stuff of then
And even then I wasn’t there”
The abuse and control and manipulation
and reprimands
“I’m actually going to allow
You to be the woman you want to be
With your children –
It should be up to you Jenny –
They’re your children
HAVE I BEEN MEAN? HAS KENNY BEEN MEAN?
Don’t be sorry, no, not now
Don’t be sorry now
Don’t say it, do it, be it, be the
Now
Be here with Kenny.”
Waiting for Spirit 859 with me –
Be here with me, Kenny, and
Stop your excreting your pathetic self-loathing
Stop reading the text she sent you from his hosue
and be here
With me now – you, she, we could have
Been nice together but no! You wouldn’t
Allow it
so here I am going
To a tropical paradise, not now
But in 25 minutes, not now,
Not just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment